Moving Image Lab (MI:Lab) is an ongoing series of workshops for young people with a focus on developing skills in experimental media and digital arts. The programme includes areas such as producing holograms, projection mapping, and animation. The work produced at MI:Labs is regularly shared through organised showcase events as well as in high profile public settings alongside the work of professional artists, for example the work has featured at the Random String Festival, Godiva Festival, and at an Open Projections event at Coventry Cathedral.
- is commissioned by Warwick Arts Centre’s Creative Learning Team and devised by Ludic Rooms’ Artistic Director Dom Breadmore.
- is aimed at 13 to 18 year olds and has delivered in after-school clubs in secondary schools and through bookable sessions at Warwick Arts Centre.
- works with young people to explore the full scope and scale of creative technology and new media.
- inspires young people to use new tools to take ownership of the work they make.
- develops a group of young people with moving image skills to become the equivalent of a youth theatre.